Varieties: Touriga Nacional (40%), Touriga Franca (40%), Sousao (20%)
Colour: Deep ruby red core with hints of purple/ blue flecks.
Aroma: Very intense and powerful yet elegant aromas, dominated by notes of bergamot oil from Touriga Nacional, and balanced out with aromas of wild forest berries(blueberry and mulberry). Well integrated high quality oak.
Taste: Extremely elegant and voluptuous, yet fresh and well balanced with notes of wild forest berries and a long finish=.
Gastronomy: Pairs well with grilled meats , stews or hard cheeses.
- 92 points/cellar selection -Wine enthusiast. April 2020
- 90+points-RobertParker.com review by Mark Squires, April 2019
- 91 points – Wine Enthusiast June 2018
- 17.5 – JancisRobinson.com review by Julia Harding. November 2017
- 91 points – RobertParker.com review by Mark Squires, August 2017
- 16.5 points – JancisRobinson.com review by Julia Harding, June 2016
- 91 points/Editors’ Choice – Wine Enthusiast April 2016
- 90 points – eRobertParker.com review by Mark Squires, October 2015